Why JAVA is Important in developing Android Applications?
Java is an object-oriented, class-based, high-level programming language developed by Sun Microsystems. Java is one of the most widely used languages to create small or large applications. Released in 1995, Java has many applications, including software development and mobile applications. Java team, named as The Green Team started a project to develop a language for digital devices like televisions and set-top boxes. However, as time progressed, it was used for creating web applications. Later, Java technology was incorporated by Netscape.
Java program development requires a Java Software Development Kit (SDK) that typically includes an interpreter, compiler and documentation generator to produce a complete application. Java applets run in a Web browser with Java Virtual Machine (JVM), which translates the compiled code i.e. known as byte code into native processor instructions and allows indirect OS or platform program execution.
There are many types of applications but with java programming, we can create only 4 types of applications:
1) Standalone Application: it is the application that runs locally on the device and doesn’t require anything else to be functional.
2) Web Application runs on the server-side and create a dynamic page is called a web application.
3) Enterprise Application is distributed in nature, such as banking applications, etc. is called enterprise application.
4) Mobile Application is created for mobile devices is called a mobile application.
Platforms or editions of Java:
- Java SE (Java Standard Edition),
- Java EE (Java Enterprise Edition)
- Java ME (Java Micro Edition)
- Java FX
Features of Java:
The main objective behind the creation of the Java programming language was to make it a portable, simple and secure programming language. However, there are some other excellent features such as object-oriented, robust, architecture-neutral, interpreted, multithreaded, distributed and dynamic which has made this language most popular.
Java training in Chandigarh offers advanced six weeks and six months of JAVA development Training in Chandigarh.