Cloud Computing Overview
Cloud computing is a practice of allowing users to store, process and access data from a remote server hosted on the internet instead of a local server or personal computer.
Common examples of Cloud computing are sending a file through email, downloading a movie, playing online games etc. Storing information on Google drive, SharePoint is also an example of Cloud computing.
Cloud computing training in Chandigarh covers various modules like Google cloud, Big data and The Amazon Web Services.
Types of Cloud Computing
Public Cloud: A Public Cloud is available to the public via internet. Gmail is an example of a Public Cloud.
Private Cloud: Private cloud offers privacy. It belongs to a specific user which may be individual, firm or a company. Big organizations being concerned about security prefer private clouds.
Hybrid Clouds: Hybrid clouds are a mix of both. One can control an internal database and use the public cloud when needed.
Characteristics of Cloud Computing
- On-demand self-service: One can use it whenever one needs it.
- Broad network access: One can be able to access information from internet using any device from anywhere.
- Resource pooling: Different clients can share the same space.
- Rapid elasticity: Cloud can grow and shrink as per requirement of the clients.
- Measured service: You can examine how often people are using the cloud. Many cloud service providers utilize a pay-as-you-go model to ensure that their clients are getting what they pay for.
This can be compared to electricity, water or gas. We pay for the amount we use.
Advantages of Cloud Computing
Clients can back up their data at a remote secure location. No need to pay for infrastructure for storing it in their premises thus , saving the cost of space and infrastructure.
Sometimes the servers of service providing companies may get damaged due to natural disasters or internal bugs.
However , major cloud computing companies are more secure as they apply strict measures for the security of data.
Cloud computing training in Chandigarh provides good placement opportunities in reputed MNCs.