Why PHP is better than other languages?
There are several different scripting languages developers have to choose from when building applications such as ASP, JPS, Perl, CGI, and PHP. Even though most developers try to learn as many languages as possible in order to build their skills, knowledge of PHP is one of the most in-demand skills that developers should have. PHP is a rapid application development language specifically designed for websites and web applications.
These are the reason why PHP is so popular:
- Rapid Application Development
- Cloud Ready
- Loosely Typed
- Open Source
- Platform Independent
Let us examine why PHP is better than other languages:
- Simple and easy to learn – For developers, PHP is often the first scripting language they learn because it’s clear and easy to understand. This is partially due to the similarities PHP syntax has with C and Java.
- Support – PHP is so popular and widely used, finding help or documentation for PHP online is extremely easy. The best part is the support is free through forums, PDFs, blogs, and social media.
- Freedom – When comparing PHP to a language such as ASPX, the level of freedom you get is far superior. PHP is open source. You can use any text editor in order to code PHP such as Notebook++, jEdit, Bluefish, or even just Notepad if you feel inclined.
- Free – There are no costs associated with using PHP, including updates. Keeping costs down is a goal of any business and developers as well. So the fact that you can code programs with PHP for free is a huge benefit that you won’t get with JPS, ASP, or other scripting languages.
- Integration – PHP is used for so many web applications and actually powers over 30% of the web. Almost any industry you can think of uses PHP applications in some fashion including banks, hospitals, government, and large corporations.
- Easier to fix problems – The benefit you get with PHP is that problems aren’t as difficult to find and fix as they are with other languages. This is because with each request, PHP cleans up and starts over. So an issue with one request will not necessarily disrupt another.
- Object Oriented – PHP actually has the ability to call Java and Windows COM objects. In addition to this, you can create custom classes. Other classes can actually borrow from those custom classes as well which extends the capabilities of PHP even further.
- Tremendous job opportunities – For an individual looking to possess career in PHP there is hence a lot of scope and wide career opportunities to explore in both local as international market. The demand for skilled PHP developers in the market is exceeding the supply.
If you want to learn more about PHP, then you visit a link about PHP. In this link, you can learn anything that you want.
So, PHP is the winner between PHP vs All Languages. Learning a new language is always an advantage and to have PHP in your toolbox it will always serve you a good advantage.